Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lotus Blossom, at last!

I started knitting the Lotus Blossom Shawl from Fiddlesticks Knitting last August, when I went home to Toronto for a little vacation. I knit most the shawl there, then came back to Boston and finished the rest of the knitting in pretty short order, leaving only the bind-off to do. Of course, since the bind-off involved scary bobbles, I put off finishing it until earlier this month, and of course it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Only took a couple of hours or so!

Here is a shot of the stalks (top) and blossoms (bottom):

Lotus Blossom_05

And a view of a bobble:

Lotus Blossom_04

And a poorly modeled shot of the shawl being worn:

Lotus blossom worn_02

This was a very enjoyable project, the yarn was lovely to work with (Fiddlesticks Country Silk in the Autumn colourway), and the pattern was incredibly clear and well-written. I would definitely recommend both!

1 comment:

Karen said...

WAH! I love it! That shawl looks really amazing! It looks quite big though; do you find it a bit on the large size? I'm wondering if that's a thing typical of patterns from Fiddlesticks. I've made their Peacock Feathers shawl, and it was humongous.

So pretty!!