Saturday, April 16, 2005

Spring has sprung!

Well, it must be something about the recent sunny springlike weather, because the Branching Out scarf is done! I swear, this must be some sort of a speed record for me. It must also have to do with the fact that the leafy pattern is so very addictive and so very fun to watch develop. Each pattern repeat took about 10 minutes to complete (15+ if I messed up the pattern, which happened far more often than I'd like to admit), so it became almost like a game of "let's see, how many pattern repeats can I finish before leaving for the lab?" This will be a fun little scarf to wear on breezy spring days. The Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool is a really nice yarn to work with, although I'm thinking that perhaps I need to make another version of this scarf in Kidsilk Haze? Could this be an excuse for me to finally purchase a skein in the Meadow colour? Hmm....

Branching Out_02

And because one can never have enough yarn, I've just ordered a Baby Bobbi Bear pattern + yarn from Jimmy Beans Wool, to make a birthday gift for my baby cousin Jayson. So darn cute!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! That definitely is a speed record! That scarf looks amazing! I love the pattern on it. The pattern shows up better in your picture than on the knitty site. And that bear patter is just too cute! I saw that pattern at Lettuce Knit too. I'm sure your cousin will love it!

Adrienne said...

Thanks! I wore the scarf out yesterday, and it was the perfect day for it. Warm and sunny, but slightly breezy in the morning/evening. I don't really like having the wind on my neck, so I'm glad I've got a more warm-weather scarf now. =)