Friday, October 21, 2005

Everything’s either a Secret or Boring To Look At (or, why I’m too lazy to pull out the digital camera)

I feel like a bad blogger. I’ve got nothing. Oh, lots of knitting has been going on, but I can’t take pictures of any of it. I have things that I’m thinking about knitting, but I can’t post about any of it. I wish I knew exactly who actually reads the blog, versus who knows about it but never bothers to check it out. If I know you in person and you read the blog, leave a comment, would ya? And sign your name if you don’t have a Blogger account so you don’t end up as anonymous. Of course, now I’m going to be sad because it’ll turn out that nobody cares about me (er, I mean, the blog). And also relieved, because then I can ramble freely (I pee freely too, remember that stupid joke? I never understood just what made it so funny, like, tee hee, you said “pee”? Don’t get it).

Anyway, I’ve got 1.5 Christmas prezzies done, and I have at least 2.5 left to go. Possibly to be amended to 3.5, but we’ll see. There’s only 9 weeks left until Christmas, I’d better get cracking (especially on the socks, socks take an age and a half). Edda also now has a back piece and one front panel, but she’s all navy blue and my camera blows so all photos would show is a couple of dark sweater-piece-shaped blobs. I swear, I don’t know how anybody ever learned to knit a sweater without having a class. There have already been near decreasing and bind-off disasters, complete with an emergency visit to the yarn store.

Want to see what I’m fantasizing about? This Tramonto shawl. Oooh, the Koigu. I’m trolling the Internet and LYS-es for colours. Silly of me to be thinking about more lace shawls when I’ve got Lotus Blossom waiting in the wings, isn’t it? Ah well. Any excuse to ogle Koigu.

2 comments:

Karen said...

GAH! SPAM!!! *proceeds to delete and ponders how to stop that from happening*

Anyway....Wow...what a shawl. *happy sigh* Very pretty. 14 skeins of Koigu?!! I don't think I've ever bought that much yarn in one go! Ha ha!!

Hmm...I think I've only finished one shawl so far and I gave it to my mom. I don't know yet if I'm a shawl-wearing kinda person yet. And with the weather getting colder and colder, I don't know if I'm going to get a chance to find out. Do you ever wear your shawls out?

Adrienne said...

Yay, I love spam! I can't talk about Christmas prezzies Andrew, they're all big secrets....shh....

I'm actually not a shawl-wearing girl at all. I just like making them, and then they sit around and get admired every so often. But a huge-ass shawl like Tramonto could almost serve as a lap throw or something. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.