Wednesday, January 30, 2008

More winter accessories

I haven't really been blogging, but I HAVE been knitting. Random things here and there. I knit a bit on my mom's Ab Fab throw (no photo, too lazy). I knit a single sock (photos when I finish both socks. Am I a horrible blogger or what?). I knit some mitred squares (STILL to be blogged, see delinquent blogger, above). I started some mittens.

Bird in Hand progress_01

These are the Bird in Hand mittens by Kate Gilbert (did you know that there is a town called Bird in Hand in Pennsylvania? Thanks Google!). I don't know what's gotten into me, I don't even WEAR mittens. And yet here I am knitting fiddly fair isle mittens in worsted weight yarn (Berroco Ultra Alpaca) on US1 dpns. I'm clearly going mad (but I learned how to knit a picot cuff! It's so adorable! Also, fiddly!).

I'm incorporating the modifications to the pattern made by Alice of Kathryn Ivy, because I like her version of the cuffs better than the original. Hopefully I will be able to finish the pair without falling prey to Second Mitten Syndrome. Or something like that. =)

Edited to add: Oh wait, I DO have a photo of the Ab Fab throw in its very very early stages. Here it is. Fun with pink mohair!

Colinette Ab Fab Antique Rows 1-10

3 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

I love the colors you are using in your mitten. I never wear mittens either, preferring my fleece gloves. Well, they would make a great gift too if you decide to stick with your gloves.

Karen said...

Ooohhh...mittens! They're so pretty! If you don't think you'll ever wear them, maybe you can join a swap group or something?
I love the picot cuff! So cute! Is that the aqua yarn that's the same as mine?

Ooohhh. Ab Fab throw! It's pretty! I'm not a big fan of knitting with mohair, but it looks so nice!

Adrienne said...

I'm not sure that I'd be able to give these away after spending all the time on them! Maybe to my sister or something, we'll see how/if I enjoy wearing them. =)

Yes Karen, the aqua is our matching yarn! Too funny that we bought the same colour within like a day of each other. =)

I started the Ab Fab throw pretty much immediately after finishing the Modern Quilt Wrap, and my first thought was "great, MORE mohair??" Which is why I haven't really been working on it too much. =P