Monday, April 13, 2009

Knitting on a deadline

Went to Ottawa for Kim's baby shower, and still wasn't done the second sweater that I wanted to give her. I'm usually pretty good at knitting for a deadline, but with the whole house thing, I've been a little preoccupied. I was close enough though that I thought I could finish on the drive up. This is as far as I got.
IMG_2258

I think I would've finished had I not forgotten my dpns at home. And so, I presented the almost finished sweater to her, and then took it back with me so I could finish the ties before giving it back to her. So close, yet so far. Oh well. It's still a pretty sweet little sweater, and since I made the 12mo size, I'll see her again before the baby fits into it. I highly recommend Helena as a pattern, and Swish superwash as a yarn - this was a really enjoyable knit.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Nice sweater. Knitting deadlines help to actually get the knitting on the needles & to then work toward finishing the project. But, the downside is: knitting is supposed to be fun, relaxing ... not another thing on the list of to do's. Can you tell I've been working on a deadline knitting project?

Thanks for the info on the pattern. I definitely would like to knit a Helena.

Karen said...

Hi Sherry,

Yeah, deadline knitting is a bit of a double edged sword, huh? I think I'm going to pick a project for me next. Oh. Wait. I forgot that there's another baby on the way in June that I wanted to knit for. Haha! One more set of deadline projects then!

What's your deadline knitting project?