Monday, March 14, 2005

Clapotis, elle est fini!

Clapotis is finally done (please correct my french if it's wrong; I think I can safely say that those 9 years of french classes probably didn't do too much for me in the end =P)! Boy, that felt like a long haul, all that stockinette. But it was oh so worth it in the end. This scarf/shawl is one of the softest things I've ever had the pleasure of draping over myself. The merino is absolutely to die for. Here are some pictures, first a no-flash picture of Clapotis being worn (and my messy room in the background):

Clapotis shawl_01

Then a with-flash picture of her draped over a chair:

Clapotis chair_03

In addition to being very soft, she is also terrifically warm. I might just have to borrow her occasionally before I get a chance to give her to my mom. And incidentally, I had just enough yarn to finish off the decreases. I had about 8 feet of yarn left over at the end, so it's a very good thing I did all that math beforehand! Hooray for math! =)

4 comments:

Karen said...

OMG!!! Clapotis is gorgeous!! Seeing that makes me want to knit one too! I love how it can be a scarf or a wrap/shawl type thing. Maybe after I finish that lace shawl for my mom. Man...I wonder if I'm going to make it in time for Mother's Day...I'm going to have to commit a bunch of time to it after Skule Nite is over!

Anonymous said...

I'm knitting Clapotis out of what I THINK is the same yarn you used. I got mine from ebay seller "100purewool," her ebay store is "handpaintedyarn."

The colorway I'm using is Otono and I just love it. What colorway did you use? I scrolled down through your past posts and don't think I saw you mention the color.

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot to say - yours is absolutely beautiful and I'm hoping mine turns out as nicely.

8 feet of yarn left over, you say?

Yikes.

Adrienne said...

Thanks for all the nice compliments! =) The yarn I used is from Malabrigo yarns (also known as handpaintedyarn.com, but they have run out of merino for the time being), in the colourway Chocolate. Mmm, chocolate! =)