Monday, March 28, 2005

Getting back into things

Okay...so I've been away from the whole knitting thing for a while now. But I'm easing back into things. I recently finished a pair of beer bottle cozies for my friend Aaron. They were left over from Christmas...for my Secret Santa gift, I gave a small knit item to be commissioned by whoever received my present. So, Aaron picked beer bottle cozies that are in the colours of his dearly departed Winnipeg Jets. They even say 'Jets' on them. I'll take a picture really soon. ^__^

I've also gotten into that lacy shawl I've been knitting for my mom. I've only repeated the 8-row lace pattern about 3 times so far, so I haven't gotten all that far. But I'm starting to see it, and I think it'll be quite nice when it's all done and blocked (gee...who knew that a mistake in the pattern could make such a difference >_<). I'll take a picture of it when I'm further into it. It's so pathetically short right now that I'm too embarassed to put it up!

So, now that the beer cozies are done, I think my to-do list looks something like this:
  • shawl for my mom
  • Kyoto sweater (still need to finish the sleeve, block, and finish)
  • Noro wrist warmers from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation
  • fun socks out of the Koigu you gave me (need to get a pattern for this though...can you recommend any good ones?)
  • pink mohair 3x3 rib scarf

And I guess that's in no particular order, though I'd like to finish Kyoto in time to wear it this spring/summer. Man...what am I doing I work? I should be at home knitting!! LOL!!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hey, how did you get those bullet-things?

Yeah, my knitting has slowed down considerably too. I have piles and piles of yarn to get through and make things from. At least I have not been acquiring any new yarn!

In terms of sock patterns, Wendy Johnson's generic toe-up socks (wendyknits.net) are pretty simple. I'm sure there must be other patterns out there on the 'net as well. I'm not experienced enough with socks to recommend fun patterns yet!

Karen said...

The bullet points? There's a little button in in the toolbar when you're creating a new post that has them on there. The bullet design is due to the layout that we picked. I don't know if that helped at all...let me know if you're still confused.