Sunday, May 22, 2005

Gift bag!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Okay...I have to say that this is probably a speed record for me. The Alpaca Silk is definitely very nice to knit with. Plus, I learned the three-needle bind off for this project too. It's not hard, but I still feel a small sense of accomplishment anyway. It makes very nice seams indeed. I think the part that was the most frustrating for me was the fringe. Probably took me about as long to knit the whole i-cord as it did to put the fringe on one end and wrap the tassle. Actually, it was the wrapping that was the most frustrating. I wanted to have a third hand when I was doing it! ^_^

Next, on to the scarf. Oh! What size needles did you use for yours?

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a cute little bag, I love the pale pinkness of it. =) I've actually been wanting to try the Alpaca Silk for a while, but other yarn purchases have gotten in the way. Someday....

As for the scarf, I think I just followed the pattern recommendation and used US8 needles. I've been really bad at keeping track of project stats lately.

Karen said...

Tee hee...I figured you'd like the pink. You know I'm generally not a pink lover, but it's a nice subtle colour for my friend. It's a nice little project in order to play with the Alpaca Silk. You only need one skein for the medium sized bag (which is what I made).

I must be really unobservant or something! I couldn't find the recommendation on the pattern! Heh heh...I'll look at it again more closely. If I don't find it, I'll just use US8's. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This weekend after dance, I visited Lettuce Knit...and you both know what that means. I bought a skein of bamboo fibre yarn from Alchemy Yarns in one of the green "Earth" colours (I don't remember which!) for Branching Out. I was wondering about the needle size too and was thinking of using a smaller size. Alchemy recommends US5 for the bamboo yarn. First, I'll finish the scarf I'm working on right now though. ;)

Adrienne said...

Oh, geez. Now I definitely want another Branching Out scarf in silk or bamboo! So much yummy yarn, so little time....=P

The Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed yarn I used for Branching Out was definitely a dk weight yarn, though I can't remember its recommended gauge, and the US8 needles worked out fine for it.

Karen said...

ooh....Bamboo yarn. Yum! You're going to like knitting Branching Out. I'm really enjoying it. I'm really tempted to buy some of that myself so I can make a scarf for myself too.