Thursday, May 19, 2005

Yay! It's done!

Okay...so I didn't make it in time for Mother's Day after all, but the shawl is now done. I stayed up late last night to finish it. I'm going to block it and then take a photo of it. It's HUGE! I'm hoping that my mom doesn't feel like it's too big for her. *ponders how to take a photo of such a large piece* I have a bit of the Kidsilk left that I don't know what to do with now. Maybe I'll make some lacy bookmarks or something.

So, I've been thinking about what kind of gift to give my friend Minako when I go to see her in Japan. She's going to take me and Miranda around Kyoto, so I want to give her something good, but I also don't have a lot of time to finish them in. I was thinking of making her a few knit items. I'm thinking of making her that 'Branching Out' scarf from Knitty. Can you think of something else that I could make to go with it? I'll probably look through the 'Last Minute Knitted Gifts' book to see if somethng jumps out at me. Maybe those gift bags or something? I dunno...help!

No comments: