Saturday, January 13, 2007

Scarf complete!

Decided to be lazy, and not get another ball of that organic cotton. You know when you just want a project to be finished? yeah...that's how I felt.

From Knitting


Here are the details:
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton (3 skeins)
Needles: Size 8 rosewood circulars by Lantern Moon (their Destiny line)
Pattern: Leaf Pattern Scarf by o-wool

My impressions:
The organic cotton is just...^__^ I really like it. It knits up soft and fluffy, and oh so nice to run against your cheek. At the same time, it's not slippery and sits well on the needles. The pattern itself isn't difficult; it didn't take long before I wasn't looking at the pattern anymore. However, I feel like the scarf is a little bit wide. I think if I were to do this pattern again, I'd remove one of the lace pattern repeats from it. But other than that, I give the pattern a thumbs up. Oh, and Lantern Moon circulars are REALLY nice. Expensive, but beautiful to work with.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Sweet scarf! Yeah, I totally understand the please-just-let-this-be-over feeling! In those instances I usually look for someone to gift the FO to, because by that point I've lost interest completely. =)

Oooh, you've got your paws on some Lantern Moon circulars? I've been thinking about trying some, but boy are they ever pricey. And then there's that what-size-do-I-buy? dilemma....will I become completely spoiled? Should I just stick to my Addi Naturas? =P

Adrienne said...

Oh, and I love that Blue Sky cotton. I made my Baby Bobbi Bears out of that, and since then I've sort of been looking for excuses to buy more. I haven't yet, but it's always on the list-of-possibilities!