Wednesday, November 21, 2007

One down....

One Christmas present finished! These are some socks for my sister (hopefully she doesn't check this blog) that I will be sending across the pond soon. The yarn is Sunshine Yarns sock yarn, in the Neapolitan self-striping colourway. Don't they look yummy? I'm glad that they more or less match in terms of the striping, I generally try to restrain myself when it comes to buying self-striping sock yarn since trying to make the socks match perfectly has the potential to trigger my anxiety issues (see also: Noro sweaters). =P Anyway, I love how these turned out!

Sunshine Yarns Neapolitan socks_03

P.S. There are the ONLY gift socks I'll be knitting this Christmas. =)

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Your sister is super lucky! Those are awesome socks. :)

Karen said...

OMG. I totally want ice cream now. HAHA!

Those are fab socks! The self-striping kinda blows my mind though. I can see how you might get nervous about the sock stripes not matching up; I know I would be.

You're so ahead of the game! I'm not even done my first pair of gift socks yet!

Adrienne said...

Thanks, guys! =)