Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Curvy (the sweater)

Finished my sweater! Yay! This was definitely the quickest I've ever been on a adult sized garment of any kind. I started it at the beginning of October, and finished it last night.
DSC01667
DSC01662
Again, taking photos in the middle of the night is a bad idea. Oh well. I'll try to get some better photos another time.

Details
Yarn: Zen Yarn Garden Gemilicious Worsted
Needles: size 6
Modifications: doubled the length of the sleeves, added length to the body.

There are lots of things I like about this sweater. The color, the yarn, the cables. It fits quite nicely, but can be a bit unforgiving if you're wearing baggy jogging pants underneath. I'm just going to assume that if I was wearing a
pair of nice fitting jeans, those odd bumps around my waist will go away (that remains to be seen however). The only thing I'm a bit unsure of is the wide yoke. I don't have enough...ahem...assets to fill the top part enough to feel comfortable with wearing it slightly off the shoulder without worrying about the whole top falling down (plus my bra straps show). But, if I don't wear it off the shoulder, there's too much fabric around the top that bunches all weird.

Now, before everyone asks if I checked the pattern before knitting, the answer is yes, I did. It turned out as the pattern described, but I believe the main problems is that I didn't quite make the connection of needing boobs to hold up the sweater. I have no problems wearing a shirt that's off the shoulder, but I don't want to wear a shirt that will leave me flashing people whenever I bend over. I'll probably just wind up throwing a tank top underneath it or something though. All in all, I do like the sweater, and would like to wear it every now and then. Probably not to work, but maybe to other things.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Yay, sweater! It looks fabulous, and I really like that sleeve length. I can totally relate to your lack-of-boobage issues (in fact, I think I'm a bit worse off than you are in that department....=P)! I think if you wore a tank top under it it would fix the bra strap issues, as well as the flashing-people issues.

Or, and I don't know how feasible it would be to do this since there's a pattern there, but could you re-knit part of the yoke to incorporate a few decreases so it won't be so wide at the top?