Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Clapotis #2

Yes, I know that's a boring title, but I'm not feeling very inspired today. =)

Clapotis #2 is done! The knitting got really tedious towards the end, but I think the final product was totally worth it. She still needs a good blocking (maybe, I'm tempted to just leave her the way she is because I'm lazy, but I've heard that Silk Garden softens up a lot after being washed), but she looks perfectly lovely otherwise. I love the contrast of the horizontal stripes with the vertical dropped stitches!

Image hosting by Photobucket

And a poorly-taken photo of her being worn around the neck:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Project specs:
Clapotis pattern from Knitty
6 skeins of Noro Silk Garden, colourway 34
I did one fewer increase section, so the scarf would be a little narrower and I'd get more mileage out of each colour change, and I think I did 2 or 3 additional straight sections. I wish there were a little bit more purple in this dyelot, but I still love love love the colours.


P.S. WTF is up with all the popups? Are you getting the popups? How can we get rid of the popups?!?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oooh...she's gorgeous! I love the way the striping turned out! My own Clapotis is sitting idle right now cuz I needed those circulars for the Peacock Feather's shawl. Well, not exactly the circular's themselves, but because I have those interchangeable needles, I needed the cord in between the needles. Clapotis is pretty tedious, and I don't think I'm even half way done with mine yet. But it's gonna have to sit for longer.

Hmm...pop-ups? I don't get any, but that might be because I use FireFox to do my browsing, and have set it to block those bastards.

Adrienne said...

Thanks! She just sits out for me to admire these days. =)

Yeah, the knitting is tedious. I got a lot of knitting mileage during the Olympics, though!

OMG, the popups! I get them with both Netscape and IE. It's SO annoying.