Friday, March 17, 2006

Stash Offerings!

Well, I finally got around to pawing through the stash. I gotta say, looking at the stash on an Excel spreadsheet and looking at it in person is completely different. There was a lot of yarn that I thought I wanted out of my life, but then I dug them out of storage and fell in love with them again. Someday I'm going to have a yarn cabinet, with glass doors, so I can keep my stash in a contained location but still be able to admire its beauty. This hiding yarn away in dark closets where I forget they exist thing has got to stop.

So, here is some yarn that I would be willing to send to a better home. Not because it's unloved or unworthy, but because I can't see what I would make with them. I had some ideas that didn't quite pan out though, and I'll share those with you:

Firstly, 2 skeins of Artyarns Supermerino in colour 110. This is lovely sproingy yarn, I had originally thought ankle socks! (I think you probably need 3 skeins for a full pair of socks), but then I realized duh, I won't wear merino ankle socks ever, will I? One example of making-up-projects-to-justify-the-yarn-purchase. Other possibilities include a hat, or mittens, or a short scarf.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Secondly, a single skein of Alchemy Reservoir (wool and mohair), in the colourway Scarlett's Dark Secret (sorry for the fuzzy pic). I came across this lonely skein in my LYS and felt sorry for it, so I brought it home. Originally to be a headscarf. It would make a lovely hat with its subtle colour changes.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Next we have a skein of Rowan Plaid, colour Sea Thistle (#164). I bought this because the pink and purple exactly matched a scarf that I have, but 1)I haven't worn that scarf this year yet, and 2)I question how a chunky hat made out of that would actually look on my head. I'm still willing to find out, but there are about a million other things that come before this yarn on the to-knit-next list.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Next, 2 skeins of Lamb's Pride worsted in a white/off white colour. Originally purchased because I wanted to play with KoolAid dying. I also have the unused packets of KoolAid. =)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Finally, Jaeger Matchmaker 4-ply, in shade Bloom (#547). I bought this to knit a short-sleeved sweater, but I've pretty much admitted that that's never going to happen. I have 5 skeins of this, there are about 200 yards per skein. 2 skeins would make fun pink socks. Or probably some adorable baby garment. There is also enough for a lace shawl of some sort, but I don't think I'd ever knit a shawl in this particular shade of pink.

Image hosting by Photobucket

OK, that's it. Sorry for the rambling! But as you can see, each of these yarn purchases was carefully (or not-so carefully) thought out, and at least I avoided the sale bin and novelty yarns. =) Anything you might be interested in, just let me know!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hmm...I think the only thing of the stuff you've got that I'd like would be the Alchemy Reservoir. It certainly would make a great hat. Jamie recently got a mass of sticky candy cane melted to his hat, so he could definitely use a new one.

And it's not that the other stuff isn't fabulous too. But I'm still a bit of a sock rookie, and don't always know what to do with sock yarn. Plus pink isn't my fave colour either.

Adrienne said...

Haha, I noticed that I've got a lot of pink yarn, or yarn with pink in it. Which is funny because I don't really *wear* a lot of pink, even though I think it's a really fun colour. I didn't think you'd be in love with the pink either, but honestly, I have virtually ZERO blue yarn! =P

Sure, I'll send the Alchemy along. The picture is awful, but I really do love the subtle variations of colour in the skein.