Saturday, September 10, 2005

Multidirectional scarf #2000

Meet my I-hate-Verizon scarf, knit during the month of August when I was frustrated by my lack of internet at home (and the fact that I was paying for said lack of internet). It’s a multidirectional scarf knit from the Diakeito Diadrey I had bought way back in April. The yarn looked really fun in the ball, but knitting with it only served to remind me of the fact that perhaps boucle yarn and I just do not really get along *cough*CashmerinoAstrakhan*cough*. I loved all the fun and random colour changes, but the texture changes (smooth alternating with boucle) just meant that the width of the scarf kept changing slightly as well. All and all though, this scarf *looks* really super-fun when worn, even if it wasn’t a complete joy to knit. Again, I will not be knitting any sweaters from this stuff.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hooray for using up stash! I'm trying, really I am. =)

1 comment:

Karen said...

ooooohhh....what a fun looking scarf! I've never really worked with boucle before, but I can see how it could get a little frustrating. I already get frustrated working with that pink mohair-y stuff that I have. But it looks totally fab!