Monday, April 14, 2008

Awesomeness!!!

Today when I got home from work, I found a cute little tag stuck to my mailbox informing me that there was a package waiting for me. I squealed with delight (okay, I only did that in my head, but that was cuz other people would have looked at me funny otherwise), and rushed to pick it up.

Lo and behold, my package from the lovely Adrienne had arrived!
DSC01481
The bag really is quite lovely, and I'm so happy that I was able to get it at the sale price. And thank you so much Adrienne for sending it over. But you'll all notice that there is more than just a bag in the photo! Being the generous soul that she is, Adrienne tossed in some goodies for me! A super yummy skein of Malabrigo in Indigo, and equally yummy cookies! Seriously, what a way to celebrate Monday.

In other news, here's the promised photo of me wearing my sweater.
DSC01479
The photo is very un-flattering, and I feel like I look as big as a house, but oh well (oh man...what if I really am as big as a house?!). I have to say that I learned a lot about drape and sizing with this project. Next time I make a sweater, I'm going to put some shaping in. But all in all, this is a great sweater for around the house when I'm a little chilly.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

YAY! I'm glad the package arrived in one piece and didn't get lost or something.
I forgot to mention, the Thin Mints were sitting in my fridge (my apartment is very warm so I didn't want them to be all melty) so I really hope that they're still ok. I haven't actually cracked open any of my other boxes so I have no idea how the whole chilling/freezing-cookies thing will work out.

You are so NOT big as a house! I actually think you look quite svelte. I didn't realize that the sweater was so long based on the floor/blocking photos. It looks very comfy (and the arms look like a good length, aka not too long, yay!), and I love that shawl pin you're using to hold it closed. I think there definitely is a learning curve with sweaters, which I'm absolutely still struggling with.

What's the yarn that you used to knit the sweater? I suppose I could just check Ravelry. Ah ok, Knitpicks! =P

Karen said...

I'm sure the cookies will be fine! Even if they were in pieces, I'd still eat them all!

Yeah, in retrospect, I should have knit the sweater out of something that sags less, or is less floppy if you know what I mean.

And thank you for the body image boost =D Yeah, I wanted a sweater that was a bit longer; for some reason, I felt like all my sweaters weren't long enough. Maybe those are more body image issues again, and me wanting to cover my butt (haha!).

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome package! I've been obsessed with Lexie Barnes bags lately and yours is lovely! :)

Mmmm... Thin Mints... my favorite!

Jennie said...

Great package!!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog via a link from Ravelry's adrienneknits that took me to a photo of a cat walking on this sweater. I was taken aback and exclaimed aloud, "That can't be Sophie!" before I realized Adrienne and you were sharing a blog, and it must be your cat.

Nice sweater, and I love the fastener you used. As far as I can see, there is nothing remotely house-sized about you. (Unless, of course, you have a humongous bobble-head not visible in the photo.) Chill and enjoy some Thin Mints!