Friday, December 03, 2004

Oh man...I suck...

Okay...so I was doing some shopping online for my brother and Jamie. Headed to the Indigo.ca site and picked out what I wanted to get them...but I just couldn't resist getting a little something for me too. Argh...I'm such a sucker...I went and bought Folk Bags: 30 Knitting Patterns and Tales from Around the World. And it's not like I really need more bags or anything, and considering I have more guy friends that girl friends, I don't know how many people would actually want one of these creations...*sigh* Oh well....I think it'll still be a fun book.

I actually found out about this book from the Interweave.com site. Talk about impulse buying....*shakes head* okay...I really gotta stop buying pattern books. I honestly cannot make everything that I have a pattern for in this lifetime!

*grumble grumble* stupid iRewards card fooling me into thinking that it's okay considering I'm getting a discount...stupid me for thinking that the book really wasn't all that much compared to what I spent on everyone else...

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I haven't seen this book in person, but it looks very fun, and I'll bet there are a ton of funky bags in it! Is it in the same series as "Folk Mittens"?

Don't feel bad about buying more knitting books....books are good, books are your friend, you can never have too many books! And even if you only ever knit 1 or 2 patterns from it, the rest of the book will still serve as knitting inspiration, which is also tres important. =)

Karen said...

You know, I think they are from the same series. Hmm...*is more interested in the mitten book than she should be*...you know...mittens must knit up faster than bags....

Ugh...going to resist. I'm already knitting mittens for myself...plus if it's mostly just intricate colour-work, then I think I'm better off with the bag book which has all different styles.