Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Stupid me!

I totally forgot to take a picture of the cowl that I finished! I was in such a rush to finish it for my mom that it totally slipped my mind...boo. It was a bit wrinkly when I first finished, but after a little bit of ironing, it turned out quite nicely. Except that it winds up a bit too wide. I think if I were going to make it again, I'd drop about 5 to 10 stitches and make it about 5 inches longer. That way, you could pull it over your head and still have your neck covered. I washed my dad's scarf too, so it did get a lot softer. But yeah..the alpaca knits up REALLY nicely. I bought 3 skeins of it, but only used 2. I'm gonna return the last ball and exchange it for 2 balls of the Mission Falls Superwash Merino, because I really like how that knits up too.

I'll put pictures of the Koigu mitts that I'm making up soon. Probably when I get back from Ottawa, or something like that ^__^

No comments: