Monday, December 06, 2004

Soft, soft, alpaca

So, I went and bought yarn for that cowl in 'Last Minute Knitted Gifts'. I'm gonna make it for my mom for Christmas. Headed to Lettuce Knit to check out what to get. Since I can't afford cashmere, I decided to ask for something that would knit up nice and soft and was the right weight/gauge. I ended up with some oatmeal coloured alpaca which I think is from Blue Sky Alpaca. At first I was a little worried that it would be too fuzzy, and be a bit itchy...but I started knitting the cowl up and WOW is it ever soft! On the bad side, it seems to be leaving a whole bunch of fuzz all over the place. Is that normal?

I'll try to put pictures of the yarn up soon...

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Mmm...alpaca! Very soft and fuzzy. I have used 3 different alpaca yarns as far as I can remember....Plymouth Alpaca Boucle which didn't shed at all, Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk which I think shed a little, and the CTH Glitter Alpaca which also shed some. I didn't find any of the shedding to be unduly annoying, though.

Karen said...

Grr...stupid me forgot to charge the battery on my camera. So, instead of taking photos last night, I was charging the battery...I'll take photos tonight ^_^