Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I've been knitting a muppet scarf

All knitters know that one of the Very Important things to consider when contemplating moving to a new area is the number and proximity of yarn stores. So when I was in Montana recently, I made a bit of time to drop by a LYS before flying back to Boston. I visited Joseph's Coat, a cute little yarn store in downtown Missoula. They are a small shop, but they have a good selection of yarns as well as rovings and some handpainted yarn. I needed some "souvenir yarn", so I bought 4 ounces of handpainted mohair:

Handpainted mohair

And some Mountain Colors yarn. That's a skein of Bearfoot in the colour "Teal", and some pretty mill ends, I can't even remember what the yarn is, wool of some kind at least. Mountain Colors is based in Corvallis, which is literally 10 minutes away from Hamilton (where I was visiting), but sadly I didn't have enough time to visit their dye workshop:

Mountain Colors stash

I made a little muppet-like scarf with the mohair boucle. Held together with some Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted, in the colour periwinkle. The scarf is actually not really my style, but it was a nice mindless knit, which is precisely what I was looking for. =)

Muppet scarf

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ooohhh...I really like that Bearfoot stuff. It looks really nice. That handpainted mohair looks really fun too. Personally, I'm not very good a working with mohair, but it looks nice in the finished product. And brainless knits are really nice, huh? I think I need to come up with one of those soon too.