Friday, July 13, 2007

Oh crap...

So, I went through the pattern for that placket-neck pullover, and I'm pretty screwed. First of all, the number of stitches to cast on is wrong. That wasn't the biggest problem though since it's only off by one. The sleeves are the same, so no biggie there. The real problem starts when you get to the yoke. All the decreasing is written incorrectly. I'm going to have to pretty much rip everything from right after you add the sleeves. I'm also going to try and figure out where I can introduce the missing stitch. I might have to rip past the sleeves to get that part right.

bleh...

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

That's an awful lot of mistakes! Sometimes I wonder if the "last minute" part applies only to the knitted items themselves. Some of the mistakes in that book are really terribly sloppy.

It's a really sweet sweater though, with the CORRECT pattern it all really comes together pretty nicely.