Thursday, July 26, 2007

So close, yet so far

I was really planning to finish Tulip today, but things just didn't turn out that way. Here's as far as I got to.

First of all, I want to apologize for the horrible quality of the photo. The flash totally bleached out some of the colours. And the reason why I couldn't finish? Well, you see the partially finished sleeve on the right side of the photo? Well, it turned out that I didn't have enough of the light blue yarn in my kit to finish the stripe on that sleeve. So, I have to make a trek to the yarn store to get some more. I'm gonna see if they have any scraps left of it because I really don't want to buy a whole skein of that stuff just to knit 3 more rounds on the sleeve. But I suppose it wouldn't be terrible to have some of that stuff kicking around in my stash.

The border/edging is puckering a little bit strangely at the bottom, but I'm hoping that a little bit of blocking and maybe some ironing will help solve that. I-cord edging is fun!!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Ugh, running out of yarn sucks! I hope they had some scraps lying around, it doesn't seem quite worth it to buy an entire skein of yarn when you need like 3 yards. =)