Saturday, August 14, 2004

Knitting plans for many months to come

I really love short-sleeved sweaters. They are probably my favourite type of top to wear in the spring and fall and early winter, sort of a happy mix between a t-shirt and long-sleeved sweater. Unfortunately, all the short-sleeved knits I own are getting too old and ratty, and it doesn't seem to be a very popular style of top to be found in retail stores at the moment, and that makes me really sad.

But not entirely, because right now I've got about 4 different short-sleeved sweater projects planned in my head (yay!). The first being the short-sleeved sweater with mohair stripe from Vintage Knits mentioned before, as well as two other patterns from Vintage Knits, this diamond-patterned sweater, and this lovely lacy top. Also, there's a very yummy sweater in the upcoming Vintage Style which is calling my name, and it's even knit in 4-ply soft, mmm.

I'm not a particularly fast knitter, and all those projects are done using tiny needles, so that should keep me occupied on and off for oh, maybe the next year or so! But, at least I will eventually amass enough short-sleeved sweaters to keep me happy again. =)

In sock news, I'm just about up to the toe shaping. After that, it's onto the second sock!


1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow! Your sock looks great! I'm super impressed! I can't wait to see the finished product!

You sure have a lot of project planned too. All those sweaters look super cute. I really like a lot of the sweaters that are pictured in that preview of Vintage Style. I'll have to keep my eye on that when it comes out in October.