Wednesday, August 11, 2004

New tools

So, I dragged my poor friend Barry over the Kensington Market where they have this cute little yarn shop called Lettuce Knit. The reason for this trip was because I'd been thinking about getting a set of Denise Interchangable needles and decided that now was as good a time as any to get them. So, I phoned up the store and sure enough they had them! Yay! So here they are!



Aren't they beautiful?! Even though they were $80, I still think that's pretty good because I pretty much have all the combinations of needle size and cord length that I'll ever need!

But then I noticed that I don't have my dpns covered at all. So, since I was already splurging, I figured I may as well get myself some of those too.


They're size 2, 3, and 7 bamboo ones from Clover. I love bamboo needles, so really couldn't resist. Now I'm all set to knit socks and hats!

So, poor Barry that got dragged into the store actually had a pretty good time. Turns out that he saw some cool spools that he could use for spool knitting, which he has done to make a hat. When he saw that picture on the packaging that showed a yarn bunny rabbit that could be made using the spools, he exclaimed "Aw man! I shoulda made cool toys instead of that stupid hat!" I'm making it my mission to get Barry to start knitting too. I mean, he's pretty much half way there already!!

We looked at all sorts of great looking yarn, and I actually managed to resist buying any. I usually like to decide on a project first before going out to buy yarn...but it's just to pretty, and soft!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Oooh awesome, Denise needles! Those are fab, and really a great value if you think about it. And the dpns for fun sock action!
I'm very proud of you for resisting the yarn, you are a much stronger woman than I....