Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Toronto knitting

First of all, I finished my first sock! Here are some pictures:



The pattern is Fiber Trends' Hellen's Favourite Socks, with a 3x1 ribbed cuff. I modified the pattern slightly so that the toe wouldn't be so narrow. It fits ok, but there are a lot of things about it that are less than ideal. I'm not too happy with the ribbing at the cuff, it's a little loose, that may have been caused by my unfamiliarity with the dpns at first. I did reinfoce the heel with some nylon thread, but I forgot to do the toe. Oops. I also totally suck at grafting, so the toe isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but practice makes perfect, I guess.

Anyway, now onto the second sock!

So I've decided what to do for my Toronto knitting, since I won't have that much knitting time I'm going to bring my single lonely sale ball of Rowan Calmer to play with. Maybe I'll make some face/dish towels or something. Mostly I want to try working with the yarn to see how I like it. I got a pretty pink colour:


No comments: