Saturday, November 13, 2004

Where I blow all my hard earned money...

I know I'm supposed to be trying to save money to pay for all that grown-up stuff, like the mortgage, but I just can't seem to help myself when it comes to knitting. Since I haven't been posting any photos recently, I thought I'd do that.


This is some Koigu Kersti that I bought about 1.5 months ago. I'm planning to make the 'Sacred and Profane' Mittens from Knit Wit (you'll see when you get your book ^_^). They're best described as convertible mittens. The variagated part is going to be the bottom half, and the solid purple is going to be the top part. However, due to the massive amounts of Christmas knitting that I'm doing, they haven't really progressed farther than this...


Then, I went to Lettuce Knit with my good friend Elaine. She wanted to check out stuff to see if she wanted to get anything. I told her that I really didn't need anything, but wouldn't mind checking things out. She was supposed to remind me not to buy anything. And then it happened...we spotted the 50% off table. At first, I resisted...but after we started walking away from the store I changed my mind and caved. So, I bought these 6 balls of yarn for $27+tax, which is a good deal...but I broke my usual rule of project first, yarn second.

[P.S. Elaine ended up being a 'bad' influence! She helped convince me that I could surely find something to make from it, be it a tank top, or nice scarf. Plus it was the last set of those particular colours, so I felt even more compelled to buy it. o_O Man...I suck....]

Lastly, I bought a new book today. Can you tell that I'm starting to feel the Christmas pressure?



So, all these goodies should definitely keep me busy for the next while!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oooh, pretty yarn! I like the colours you picked for your Kersti mittens, I can't wait to see them when they're all done! And I could see the cotton turning into a fun striped tank top....

I also caved and bought both Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (not to make gifts for others though, all for me me me!! =P) and Scarf Style. Pondering Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation, too. Too many cute patterns, so little time....

Karen said...

oooh...I saw Stich 'n Bitch Nation too, and was sorely tempted. All the patterns were just SO cute!! But I think I'm going to hold back on that for now. I have lots of stuff that I can do right now. How do you like Scarf Style?

Adrienne said...

Tee hee, I think my favourite pattern in Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation (that I can remember right now) is those crazy monster slippers. Not sure if I'd actually knit them, though. =)

I don't have Scarf Style quite yet, I ordered it online along with some other stuff (more like, I ordered other stuff, Scarf Style mysteriously jumped into my shopping cart =P). But I have flipped through it a couple of times in bookstores, and there are at least 2 or 3 patterns I really want to try out. A lot of the fair isle-y stuff is a little too intimdiating for me though. =)