Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Do you Kathmandu?

I hereby declare myself mentally unprepared for winter this year. It is creepy to be working in the lab in the light of the setting sun, then to look over at the clock only to realize "hey, it's only 3:30!" And then today the temps dropped down to just above freezing, and I'm still wearing my fall jacket. Ooops. At least I wore a hat. So in order to prevent my fingers from falling off in the near future, I finally made a start on my Kathmandu Aran mittens. Remember those 2 skeins I bought about a month ago? Here is a closeup of the yarn knitted up, I love the little blue and brown flecks. You can see that the yarn is a little slubby, too. It's really nice to knit with (duh, merino, silk and cashmere??). This is colour 135.



Pics of finished mittens soon, hopefully!


1 comment:

Karen said...

Oooh....very, very pretty indeed. Those are going to be wonderful mittens! Merino, silk, and cashemere?! Very yummy. I bet it's all very pettable. Can't wait to see the finished product!