Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Adventures of the Indecisive

ARGHH!!! I totally suck... I seriously think I'm going to buy the bag that I was intending to imitate by making the bag from Folk Bags (click here to check it out). It's the right size and has lots of pockets (which I had forgotten were lacking from that black bag o_O). The only drawback is that it costs more to ship it over than to buy the bag (which is why I was asking about getting is shipped to you)! I don't know if sending it to you would be an advantage though...I have no idea how much it would cost for you to send it here. Maybe I should go bag hunting....Shopping trip!

So....my dilemma is....WHAT ABOUT THOSE 3 SKEINS OF MANOS?? *sigh* I'm so dumb....I guess I could just knit it into that 'black bag' anyway. How do you think it would look felted? That Messenger Bag pattern in S'nB Nation is looking ever more attractive. I wouldn't have to alter the size anymore, just account for the difference in gauge. Hopefully some simple math will allow me to do that. And that way I could learn how to felt...but I'm such a chicken about it!! I'm so scared that I'll wreck it, and then I'll have wasted those 3 skeins!!

See what I mean? I just go back and forth like this...especially when I'm supposed to be doing work!! As Mr. Seshadri used to say, "What to do?" Please help this poor, indecisive chump...


2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Sure, if you want to order the bag and send it to me I'd be happy to mail it over to you after receiving it. If I repackaged it and sent it as a "gift" to you I don't think it would cost that much and you could probably avoid paying customs on it too. Let me know what you decide to do about that. =)

I *think* Manos is supposed to be good for felting, but I dont know for sure. I think it would look cool with all the different colours though. I do agree that felting sounds a little scary. But if you are not *too* concerned with the final size I don't think you can go totally wrong.

Karen said...

I'm going to go shopping this weekend to see if I can find something similar to that messenger bag here in Toronto. I really should've done that a while ago, but oh well...better late than never.

Cool...thanks for the encouragement. I think I'll give that felted bag a try. But after I make my own kitty hat, and finish my Kyoto sweater. Plus I owe my friend Aaron a small knit gift too (beer cozies with the Winnipeg Jets logo, or as close as I can get to it). Hmm...looks like it might be a while before I get to that bag! ^__^