Monday, January 03, 2005

Mitten Mission

I decided that I would finish those 'Sacred and Profane' mittens today come hell or high water. And so...

It's a pretty bad picture of me, but oh well...at least the mittens look good ^__^
Turns out I screwed up the button holes on the left hand pop-top a little, but it's not bad. Now I have to find buttons, and go through the pain of lining up the buttons and button holes. Good thing I have those new stitch markers... (>_>)

And a small stash update for those who might lurking around...

On December 31, Adrienne and I went to Lettuce Knit to pet and ogle all the yummy yarn. I originally went to return that extra ball of alpaca that I didn't need for my mom's cowl. And ended up buying 3 skeins of beautiful purple-ish Manos del Uraguay (colour 107, I believe), 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon (colourway 131, methinks), and a little bottle of wool wash. The stunning blue Koigu (2 skeins!!) in the photo comes to me courtesy of the lovely Adrienne. Oh, the dilemma of what to make with it begins...

Speaking of dilemmas, I'm having a crisis as to what bag to knit. That black bag from 'Folk Bags' is a little too small for me. I could alter the pattern to make it bigger...or, try the messenger/laptop bag from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation. But the latter pattern would also need to be altered a substantial amount. For starters, the yarn is a totally different weight, neither the messenger nor laptop bag is the right size, plus it's meant to be felted, which I don't want to do. *sigh* I don't know what to do!!!

*scurries off to see how hard it would be to alter any of those patterns*

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Hey, I guess we were updating at pretty much the exact same time yesterday!

Awesome mittens! Just in time for the new year, and you'll still get a good 4-5 months of wear out of them. Ah, good ol' freezing Toronto. =P

As for the bag, if it were me I would probably just alter the dimensions of the black bag a little, because I'm lazy and working around gauge changes is too much of a pain in the arse. =)