Thursday, October 14, 2004

First Stitch 'n Bitch

I went to my first ever Stitch 'n Bitch last night at Lettuce Knit. It was a lot of fun, and I totally didn't notice the time going by! Lots of really nice people with cool projects. I discovered that you can't really bring anything too complicated though. With all the chatting going on, it's easy to get distracted and make mistakes. The store has a bunch of Koigu kersti that I want to get to make the mittens from the Knit Wit book. I might just go back there on the weekend and pick some up...haven't decided on what colours to get though. As if I didn't have enough yarn at home already! LOL!!!

When I get home, I'll take some pictures of the multidirectional scarf that I'm making for my dad. I'm pretty sure he's not going to stumble on this site any time soon ^_^ I've also started the Voodoo wrist warmers with that pink mohair stuff, so I'll take a picture of that too. Now that I've started knitting with it, I'm pretty sure that it won't be too itchy to wear.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Uh-oh, Stitch 'n' Bitch in a yarn store! It might be dangerous for your wallet to spend time knitting in a yarn store, with other knitters around you, all of them with fab projects going....=)

Koigu Kersti is almost as fun as Koigu KPPPM. I have a secret Kersti project going, mostly because I was seduced by a colourway. It's got an interesting spring-y quality to it. =)