Thursday, October 28, 2004

Owie, owie, owie....

Okay...so this entry only has a teeny little bit to do with knitting, but I just want to complain....tonight, when I was planning to take things easy, I won't be able to do any knitting...grr...I went to give blood today. I thought, 'Yeah, after giving blood, I won't want to do anything particularly strenuous, so I'll just sit at home and knit'. But noooo....I had to have my worst blood donor experience ever....my entire left arm is completely useless right now...I'm not even using it to type right now. They kept adusting, and re-adjusting the damn needle, and now I have a wicked bruise and a good deal of pain at my elbow. And you know how much I'm needle-phobic too....gawd....and the kicker was that they had to stop the donation early, so I didn't even get to make a useful contribution after my trouble. The nurse tried to reassure me that they probably got enough for it to be useful for something, but I have a feeling that she just said that to make me feel better. I think it was a combination of them missing the vein and my low blood pressure that caused my problems. I noticed I was the only one they asked to keep squeezing that wadded up paper ball....ugh...

[not going to use capital letters anymore cuz it's just too much trouble to press and hold shift with one hand]

but in other news, i'm goin to a conference in montreal next week. 5 hour train ride = knitting!!! youpiee!!! je peu trichoter!!! hopefully i'll make all kinds of progress on my xmas gifts. less than 2 months, and I still have 3 projects to finish....yikes!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Ouch, that certainly does sound painful! I hope your arm feels better today!

I wish I could have 5 hours of uninterrupted knitting time! As it is I grab bits of time here and there, and am making very slow progress on my Christmas stuff. And it's almost November!